Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Play with your food!


I love to be creative, anytime, anywhere. It plays a big role in my bliss and essentially, part of our very existence!

As many of you know, I love connecting with nature, and always find it fascinating.

Yesterday, as I was prepping some veggies, I found myself once again in awe of the splendor and beauty of our Goddess, Mother Nature.

Now, here's the fun part. Take some produce, cut a cross section (the firmer varieties work a bit better), layer on the paint, and press on paper.

There you have it, beautiful veggie prints that can be used for just about anything.

The original makes a great image, but doesn't last ;-))

Try it today with your family. It's fun, creative, and a great way to spend quality time.

Can you guess what veggie this is?



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. I love how you photograph the everyday and elevate it so. Or perhaps it is always so beautiful and help us notice that. My daughters did prints with apples like that in pre-school but I like the idea of bringing that home. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rita! There is always an opportunity to be present, and notice all the magic and beauty it has to offer ;-))

    ReplyDelete